गुरुवार, 26 अप्रैल 2018

Yami hopes to help kids, one book at a time


Yami Gautam, an actress of the upcoming Batti Gul and Uri posted on her social media that she has just supported and donated towards setting up a library for underprivileged kids in Kohlapur, Maharashtra. Her donation will help over 400 children in the area to read, learn and imagine. The books were science, math, history, keeping in mind the age group of 7-15 year olds. 
The actress mentioned the reason she felt so strong for children's education was, “I have a personal connection as I have grown up watching my grandpa start a school which was for underprivileged kids who could not afford to spend on education. I remember going to that school and interacting with them when I had an off from my school so that was a small initiative I saw my family start in Chandigarh. This is why this (education) has a personal connection with me. I have always wanted to do something for the education and empowerment of children. Especially the rural kids as accessibility to basics like books, good public schools, and teachers are still work in progress in such pockets of the country. While researching I came across various NGOs who are working on this front and the least we can do is a contribution in whatever small ways we can."

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें

Announcement from D23 for Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios and 20th Century Studios' theatrical titles

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Sept. 10, 2022) — The Walt Disney Studios continued to fuel the fire ignited at yesterday’s showcase with a jam-packed pr...